To set up a faceted search using checkboxes to filter by taxonomy terms in Drupal 10 Views, you can follow these steps:
- Create a Taxonomy Vocabulary: If you haven't already, create a taxonomy vocabulary and add terms to it. This will be used to categorize your content.
- Attach Taxonomy Field to Content: Make sure the content types you want to filter have a taxonomy field referencing the previously created vocabulary.
- Create a View: Go to
Add viewto create a new view.
- Set Up View Settings: Configure your view settings such as the view name, display format, and the type of content to display.
- Add a Filter Criteria: Add a filter criteria by clicking on
Addnext to the "Filter Criteria" section. Search for and select the taxonomy field you want to use for filtering.
- Configure the Filter Criteria: Configure the filter criteria to expose it to visitors so they can select checkboxes to filter content by taxonomy terms. Under "Filter Criteria" settings, check the "Expose this filter to visitors, to allow them to change it" option.
- Choose Widget Type: Choose the "Checkbox" widget type for the exposed filter.
- Save the View: Save your view configuration.
- Place the View Block: Once the view is configured, place the view block in a region of your theme where you want the faceted search to appear.
- Test the Faceted Search: Visit the page where you placed the view block and test the faceted search functionality by selecting different checkboxes to filter content by taxonomy terms.
This setup should allow you to create a faceted search using checkboxes to filter content by taxonomy terms in Drupal 10 Views.